There will be hardly any business website that does not say, ‘Like us on Facebook’, ‘Follow us on Twitter’, and the like. But, the consumer may wonder why he should do so. There are not many businesses that can actually convince their customers to connect with them. You need a planned Social Media engagement strategy to make sure that your ‘Connect’ with Us’ requests do not remain just words, but help you derive maximum business gains from your presence on the social media sites.
There is no use of gathering mere numbers, such as how many people like your Facebook page, etc. Instead, for the right results, you need to focus on analyzing who exactly you should be reaching and making sure that your social media presence contributes in some way to satisfying the requirements of your customers. The profile that represents your brand at any social media channel should be relevant, and carry a definite purpose, message and value. The best practices that can make this possible are:
- Define your Goals & Identify The Audience: Identify the channels that can help your business, define the goals you want to achieve through your various social media accounts, and identify the target audience for each of them.
- Create Social Teams: Create teams of responsible people to manage, monitor and maintain your social media activities across different channels.
- Offer Useful Content: Share interesting and useful content that will engage your audience and encourage inputs from them.
- Engage and Converse: Social etiquettes include not talking only about yourself. Engaging and informally conversing with your customers helps in subtle brand promotion.
- Listen: Listen to others talking about you and pay attention to what your competitors are saying/doing on the social media. Find people with whom you share interests.
- Identify Influencers: Locate the influencers, the ones who have already built trusted relationships using the social media. Interact with them to spread your message more effectively.
- Reciprocate: Build relationships that are mutually beneficial. You should share content, retweet a meaningful tweet, like status updates, contribute towards the community, donate, volunteer, and show that you appreciate the support you are getting.
- Evaluate: Periodically, evaluate the success of your social media strategies and be ready to make 4 modifications as per current needs.
Following these best practices for social media will help you build a solid online reputation, strengthen the relationship with your customers and make sure that they genuinely ’like’ your business and brand.