The largest phablet that is phone+tablet hybrid was launched by Samsung in India this week. There are two variants out in the market under the name Samsung Galaxy Mega. One variant has a 6.3 inches screen while the other has a 5.8 inches variant. The Samsung Galaxy Mega smartphone model is the smartphone with the largest screen size till date. The smartphone is a sort of hybrid between a smartphone and a tablet computing device and experts are calling it a phablet which is a combination of two words.
The Samsung Galaxy Mega is an ideal new player in the phablet market. The smartphone has become a device that is used by increasing number of people for computing. Millions of people use smartphones for computing, accessing apps and accessing multimedia files like music and video files on the smartphone. A phablet is a smartphone that is a phone with a larger screen. Many people today are opting for this hybrid device as they do not have to use two devices- smartphone and tablet. With phablets like the Samsung Galaxy Mega, the customers interested in this market segment are getting the latest technology phablet.
The Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Mega
- The Samsung Galaxy Mega comes in two variants of 6.3 inches screen size and 5.8 inches screen size. The 6.3 inches variant is currently the largest screen in the phablet segment.
- The Samsung Galaxy Mega has a 1.5 GB RAM and 8 GB internal memory. It also has a microSDXC card for external memory up to 64GB. The 6.3 inches Samsung Galaxy Mega has an internal memory option of 16 GB as well.
- Both the variants have a dual core processor. The 6.3 inches variant has a 1.7 GHz dual core processor and the 5.8 inches variant has a 1.4 GHz dual core processor.
- The rear camera is an 8 MP camera and the secondary camera is a 1.9 MP camera. The 6.3 inches model has a Li-ion 3200 mAh battery where as the 5.8 model has a Li-ion 2600 mAh battery.
- The Samsung Galaxy Mega has all the features that one expects to find in a high end phablet or smartphone. The operating system on both the variants of the Samsung Galaxy Mega is the latest version of the Android Operating System called the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. It also has the Samsung Mobile smartphone userinterface (UI) called Touchwiz.
- All the latest connectivity features like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB and others are a part of both the variants of the Samsung Galaxy Mega.
The price of the 6.3 inches variant is Rs 31,490 whereas the 5.8 inches screen variant is for Rs.25, 100. Samsung claims that people can pocket this device, but it is slightly bigger than the average size of a pocket. However the Samsung Galaxy Mega is a cool new phablet and many people who are looking to buy a device that is a hybrid between a smartphone and a tablet, have a great option in the Samsung Galaxy Mega.
Moreover the Samsung Galaxy series by Samsung is today one of the highest selling smartphone series by consumer electronics company in the world. By introducing a new smartphone that is more of a phablet Samsung is ensuring its presence in the phablet segment of the market. The specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Mega are looking quite good as compared to other smartphones in the phablet category. The company hopes that with the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Mega they can give serious competition to their rivals in this segment of the market.