What’s new? Is a constant question that we normally look forward and when it comes to technical gadgets the expectations is always high. With the new Smartphones, OS, tablets, etc. competing against each other customers as well as the market analysts are always in the lookout for new products.
Some of the most expected and rumoured gadgets for coming year include –
- Samsung Galaxy S4 – The most awaited and much talked about gadget will be Samsung Galaxy S4. The new Smartphone Galaxy series from Samsung is expected to launch in the early 2013. The new Galaxy s4 is to have a 5” screen, and is expected to be a much sleeker version when compared to the older versions. It may also include high-definition and light-weight OLED display. The smartphone will be rolling out with the Android 4.2 Key Lime operating system. The Galaxy S4 will mostly include a 2GB RAM and have Exynos 5 dual core processor.
- BlackBerry 10 – The BlackBerry 10 is expected to be the latest and upcoming addition in the Research In Motion (RIM) family. The smartphone will be rolling out with the QNX Operating System. The CEO of Research In Motion, Thorsten Heins, had officially unveiled the BlackBerry 10 platform on 1 May 2012. The phone is expected to include a much faster processor and enhanced features. The phone is expected to the commercial markets during the early 2013.
- iPad Mini Retina – The much talked Apple’s liquid crystal isplay (LCD), better known as the ‘Retina’, has finally made it to the iPad Mini. The expected release date of iPad Mini is during 2013. The HD display is xpected to grab more customers, since one of the common issues reported for iPad Mini was the grainy text and images. This gives a fair chance to Apple to compete with the Amazon Kindle.
- Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet – This is probably the much talked and much awaited gadget of 2013. Tech buffs and gadget lovers are equally awaiting the Microsoft’s Surface Pro tablet. The tablet is expected to hit the markets soon and mostly in early 2013. The table will be having the Windows 8 operating system, with 64-GB and 128-GB models. The expected price of the tablet is from $900 to $1,200. The Surface Pro will include 4GB memory, up to 2 pounds weight, higher storage, and an Intel Core i5 processor. One of the biggest advantages of the Surface Pro tablet would be the Snap-On keyboard cover. It will be available in the soft Touch or the mechanical Type variations. This will prove to be an effective blend of tablet portability along with full typing surface.
- Sony C650X Odin Smartphone – Sony is expected to bring out its first Android based phablet tentatively named as the Odin sometime early 2013. The gadget is expected to hold a very sleek design and feature multi- touch. The screen size is expected to be 5”, with 2GB RAM, and the Snapdragon S4 processor. Odin is expected to have the 4.1 Jelly Bean Android version.
Michael is a staff writer for Zco Corporation, covering social, animation and mobile technology news.