Top 10 Tech Flops of 2012
Dec 31, 12
A lot of new technologies were introduced in 2012. As each coin has two sides, similarly there were some remarkable and some forgettable novel presentations from the technological world. Though such a list of the fallouts of technology is not very difficult to be prepared but this year the good outweighed the bad developments. A possible reason for this could be that the tech players are playing smart with the launches of their products and as a result the number of tech flops in 2012 has fallen compared to the previous years. The forthcoming narration throws some light on the Top 10 Tech Flops of 2012
- Apple Maps: The effort of Apple to bang on the Google maps as one of the applications of Apple phones was a dejected affair making it an entrant of the techno flops list. The company had to face a lot of anguish and embarrassment because of the failed launch of the Apple App and for this sorrowful act, the CEO had to extend apologies.
- Next in line is the Aakash 2; the super cheap tablet that was the target of the government to be launched in this year. The guilt point came in the form of the delay in its launch which is still not achieved for the students.
- Facebook’s encounter with the Wall Street: One that was believed to be the biggest IPO in history emerged in reality as a horrendous instance for the investors. The share prices were set high by Facebook even after the advertising business was tasting bitter by the company. The stock fell drastically as soon as it was launched and the investors crowded to withdraw their stakes making things worse for the net worth of the company.
- Next queuing up in the line is the Blackberry 10 that was supposed to be the elixir for the dying Research in Motion which couldn’t be in the market against the expected arrival this year which led to steep downfall in the stock value of the company.
- The drop out of the media steaming device from Google was a major setback. This was done by the search engine to pave way for its Nexus’ next.
- The immaculate rapport of Apple was hurt by the Trojan that stole user’s contacts that traversed through the censors and entered the App Store ending the iOS streak which was the malware free platform for the Apple mobile phones and devices.
- The Ultra Book that was to take over the market of Apple iPad fell down badly on all grounds of expectations of people because of which the shipment predictions for this device had to be called back and cut short.
- The supply chain hazard of the eagerly awaited iPhone 5 was also a major fallback of the year.
- Near Field Communications that was in the process of launch of data transfer technology that would make the payments easier also gathered a lot of flak and lack of popularity.
- Intel Phone that was the answer of the company to the booming smartphone market was not a hit in the market due to poor performance.
These were Top 10 Tech Flops of 2012 that have raised hopes for better things to come up next year.